Terms & Conditions
1. Online Offers
All online quotations are subject to verification by a Golf Vacations Ireland Representative. Online offers are quoted based on pre-approved accommodations in each category and are subject to availability. Alternative accommodations may incur an additional cost. Availability of selected golf courses is not guaranteed until tee times are confirmed and conveyed to you. Upgrades, single rooms and helicopter charters etc. quoted upon request.
2. Payment Terms
Payment is accepted by credit card, bank transfer and bank cheque from certain countries. Accepted cards are MasterCard and Visa; Laser is accepted for Euro quotations only. A deposit* of 40% of the holiday price is payable when your booking is confirmed by Golf Vacations Ireland. The holiday must be paid in full sixty days before the scheduled date of departure or on the date of booking if the booking is made less than sixty days prior to departure. If it is not paid by that date Golf Vacations Ireland shall have the option to cancel the holiday after communicating with the customer. Cancellation will be subject to a cancellation fee set out below. All prices quoted are valid for 30 days and may be subject to revision thereafter due to changes in availability or currency fluctuation. Once booked and a deposit is paid, the price of your itinerary in the base currency (Euro/Pound) is fixed and will not change. Price changes will also apply if there is an increase in VAT or taxes by government on services provided. *The deposit may increase depending on Golf Course choice.
To minimise your loss in the event of cancellation Golf Vacations Ireland has a policy of strongly recommending that you, the Consumer, has adequate travel insurance. To offer the level of service we provide, we incur overheads and have to pay deposits on facilities, which are for the most part non-refundable. Hence we have a cancellation policy as follows: Period before departure within which a cancellation charge as a percentage of the total holiday cost is incurred:
- More than 60 days before departure - 30%
- 30 - 59 days before departure - 50%
- 14 - 29 days before departure - 75%
- 14 days or less before departure - 100%
Notification must be in writing by email or fax to Golf Vacations Ireland from the person who submitted the booking form.
4. Travel Insurance
We strongly advise that the Consumer has adequate travel insurance. As Consumers can - due to unforeseen events - be forced to cancel prior to or during their holiday travel insurance provides peace of mind at very little extra cost. Golf Vacations Ireland accepts no liability in the event of a Consumer failing to have adequate coverage of their own.
5. Car Rental
Consumers must be at least 23 years of age in order to rent a car (ages 23-30 and 70+ are subject to vehicle class restrictions or may have to take additional insurance cover and provide additional information to the car rental company). It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that they have current driving license valid for a minimum of one year at time of rental. Provisional/Learner drivers or seriously endorsed or disqualified license holders are not eligible to rent a car.
6. Consumer Responsibilities
To check all travel documentation furnished to him/her. To inform him/herself of passport and visa requirements (see Travel Advice section of the website) and ensure where necessary their validity. To check with the port authorities/carriers at the point of departure whether there are likely to be any delays or other problems with flights or ferry crossings before departing. To present him/herself at the port of departure in sufficient time prior to the designated departure time to complete embarkment requirements. The Consumer is restricted by regulation of carriers and executive authority with regard to weight, type and contents of baggage, etc.
7. Personal Requests - by the Consumer
Personal requests mean, for example, a request for ground floor accommodation or a sea view, etc. Such requests must be communicated in writing at the time of booking. Golf Vacations Ireland will use reasonable endeavours to fulfill the request. No liability shall attach to Golf Vacations Ireland for the inability to comply with a special request which has not been confirmed by Golf Vacations Ireland in writing or which is outside the control of Golf Vacations Ireland to procure.
8. Alteration by the Consumer
- being a situation where the Consumer wants to alter an aspect of their booking If after acceptance by Golf Vacations Ireland, the Consumer wishes to alter a holiday, Golf Vacations Ireland will, where practicable, facilitate the change. A request for alteration must generally be in writing by email or fax and a nominal fee to be advised may be payable. Where alterations cannot be made or involve cancellation of accommodation, green fees, air, sea or ground transport previously reserved and confirmed, Golf Vacations Ireland reserves the right to treat the alteration as a cancellation and cancellation charges will apply. Substitution by the Consumer - covers a situation where a Consumer who is prevented from actually going on the holiday themselves can transfer the booking to another person. Generally the Consumer is obliged to give Golf Vacations Ireland a minimum notice of twenty one days in writing of their intention to transfer the booking in advance of the departure date. The transferee must sign a Booking Form and comply with any other requirements of Golf Vacations Ireland applicable to the holiday. A Consumer who transfers a holiday booking shall be jointly and severally liable with the transferee to Golf Vacations Ireland, for the payment of any balance due in respect of the holiday. A substitution fee may also apply. Consumers are advised to check their travel insurance and flight details, which in certain instances are not transferable.
9. Disabled Persons - Consumers
Golf Vacations Ireland will be pleased to help, in whatever way we can, if someone in your group has any special needs, which may be relevant, and which you are obliged to tell us at the time of booking. Golf Vacations Ireland reserves the right to decline to provide a holiday where in our opinion Golf Vacations Ireland does not have the resources to meet the requirements of the disabled person.
10. Liability - of Golf Vacations Ireland to the Consumer
Golf Vacations Ireland shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Consumer by the failure to perform the contract or the improper performance of the contract where such failure or improper performance is due neither to:
- the fault of Golf Vacations Ireland or the retailer acting on our behalf or suppliers of services because:
- the failures occurring in the performance of the contract are attributable to the Consumer.
- The failures are attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of services contracted for and are unforeseen/unavoidable.
- The failures are due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the organiser/retailer/supplier of services or is due to an event including force majeure which Golf Vacations Ireland/ retailer/suppliers of services could not with all due care foresee or forestall.
- Provision is made to compensate the Consumer, for example, for damage other than death, personal injury, damage caused by defamation, damage caused by the willful misconduct/gross negligence of Golf Vacations Ireland. The compensation is limited to a maximum amount equal to double the inclusive price of the holiday for an adult and for a minor to an amount equal to the inclusive price of the holiday package.
11. Alterations by Golf Vacations Ireland
If, as a result of force majeure, (that is, any event which Golf Vacations Ireland or any supplier of services could not, with all due care foresee or avoid, such as closure of course due to bereavement, bad weather or course condition, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and other similar events outside our control or that of our suppliers) Golf Vacations Ireland is forced to alter, amend, curtail, change or cancel the holiday the Consumer cannot maintain a claim for compensation. Where Golf Vacations Ireland has specified a minimum number of bookings required for a programme of holidays, Golf Vacations Ireland’s obligation to provide that programme shall be contingent on receiving and maintaining that minimum number of bookings. Where the minimum number of bookings is not received up to four weeks prior to the departure date, Golf Vacations Ireland can amend or cancel or curtail the relevant programme. Golf Vacations Ireland undertakes that, in the event of having to alter accommodation, golf course or carrier, it will provide a level of service comparable or better at no extra cost. If prior to departure date, Golf Vacations Ireland alters/changes/curtails, etc. the holiday, which results in more than forty eight hours change in the date of departure or a change in the resort or type of accommodation offered or some other change which fundamentally alters the holiday, Golf Vacations Ireland, shall if practical, offer an alternative comparable holiday. The Consumer must accept the offer of an alternative holiday within seven days or be subject to refunds as per cancellation conditions. The Consumer should be aware that some suppliers, i.e. carriers, hotels and golf clubs impose cancellation fees/restrictions, etc., which are outside the control of, and for which Golf Vacations Ireland will not be held liable.
Golf Vacations Ireland's policy is to react in a positive and courteous manner and to endeavour to resolve to your satisfaction any complaints you may have. We welcome all feedback, positive or otherwise, as we use this information to improve our service to you and all our customers. In the event that you have any reason to complain about your holiday, please notify our representative and the supplier of the service in question so that we can resolve the problem quickly. If you have a complaint after your holiday it must be notified in writing to Golf Vacations Ireland within 21 days of the end of your holiday. No liability will be accepted by Golf Vacations Ireland or its suppliers if written notice is not received within 21 days.
Any dispute or difference of any kind whatsoever which arises or occurs between any of the parties hereto, in relation to anything or matter hereunder or arising out of or in connection with this contract, shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration Rules of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators-Irish Branch.
14. Use of Website
The Consumer agrees and warrants that you are at least eighteen years of age and are legally entitled to use this web site and to enter into this agreement with all the terms and conditions herein, to be financially and otherwise responsible for all use of this web site (including adult and minor members of your family who use this web site in your name or account), that you will not make speculative, false or fraudulent reservations and that you shall only make reservations for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally entitled to act.
15. Power of Attorney
You, a client of Golf Vacations Ireland, hereby appoint the owner, manager and employees of Golf Vacations Ireland to be your attorneys-in-fact for the purpose of signing all documents necessary to purchase and issue airline tickets and other travel documents, hotel and green fee reservations and any other services requested by you and supplied, and to charge these purchases to the credit card on your booking form. You agree to pay for all such purchases and will not hold Golf Vacations Ireland responsible for any of its actions pursuant to this power of attorney.